Who would like a piece of this delicious vegan lime curd cheesecake? Did I mention it is vegan friendly and features a delicious lime curd!
After making some delicious lime curd I was deciding between a curd cheesecake or a lime merginue pie. But unfortunately we used up all the eggs so vegan lime curd cheesecake it is!
This isn’t a traditonal cheesecake as it doesn’t contain any dairy at all. Instead the creamy cheesecake filling is made up of cashews, oat milk and coconut oil. It’s such an easy filling to make that you could easily alter with any other flavours.
This cheesecake would easily work with lemons and lemon curd in replacement of the lime.
This cheesecake also features a baked base instead of a raw base as I feel it’s more cheesecake like with a baked base. It’s such a simple base too which could be used for any other slice or cheesecakes.
I made my cheesecake in a rectangluar fluted tart tin, I really love using this tin for slices as it looks so long and like there’s plenty of slice to eat!
As I mentioned earlier you could easily change the flavour profile such as using lemon curd. You can find the recipe for my lime curd here and use it to make lemon curd. You would just need to change any lime in this cheesecake recipe to lemon and adjust according to your taste.
If you are using the lime curd recipe, make it in the morning or a day in advanced to let it thicken up.
As always, feel free to check out my other sweet recipes on my website, and check out my Instagram here to keep up with what I’m making next.
Vegan Lime Curd Cheesecake
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 5-6 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in hot water for 1 hour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 2 tbsp vegan lime curd* see notes
- Vegan lime curd* see notes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare your tin. I use a rectangular fluted tart tin.
- In a bowl, add all base ingredients and mix well. I found it easier to combine everything with clean hands.
- Press base mixture into your tin and cook in the oven for 10-13 minutes or until slightly golden. Let it cool.
- Drain off the excess water from the cashews and add everything to a food processor.
- Blend all filling ingredients until smooth, or depending on your processor, as smooth as you can get it.
- Pour mixture over cooled base and dollop a few tablespoons of vegan lime curd on top. Swirl these through the cashew mixture and place cheesecake in freezer until the filling has set.
- Once set, cut into pieces and serve. Feel free to serve with extra curd. Keep the cheesecake in an airtight container in the fridge