Summer is here which means strawberry season, my favourite fruit! Get the recipe for this delicious Strawberry crumble slice below.Jump to Recipe
Strawberry crumble slice – a sweet treat with a delicious strawberry filling, topped off with a crumbly topping, a perfect summer slice recipe. It’s nice being able to bake things that don’t involve chocolate every now and then!
My favourite ways to use strawberries (besides eating them as they are) are in strawberry muffins or strawberries, but I think this slice is a new favourite. I’d love to switch up the filling next time to go with other seasonal fruits so I feel like it will be quite a versatile slice base.
I was kindly gifted this delicious breakfast mix that features in the recipe, however if you don’t have access to it that is fine but it just goes to show how creative you can get with breakfast foods!
I have also made a raw raspberry tart which you can find the recipe for that here, again if you don’t have that exact granola you could always sub it for your own favourite fruity or berry granola.
Granola and breakfast cereals also make for great cake toppers, pancake toppings or great for a trail mix. The options are endless (and super tasty!)
Look at all of those delicious layers of strawberry and crumbly goodness! Be sure to follow me on Instagram here to keep up to date with all the yummy things I plan on making and check out my other sweet treat recipes here
Hope you all enjoy this recipe!
Strawberry Crumble Slice
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp cashew butter or other neutral butter
- 1/2 cup berry granola I use Pure Delish Strawberry + Pistachio breakfast mix
- 3 cups chopped strawberries If using frozen make sure they are defrosted and excess water drained off.
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2-3 tsp potato starch
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and line a square
baking tin with baking paper.
- Place strawberries in a large mixing bowl and
roughly mash. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Combine the rest of the strawberry filling
ingredients into the bowl and mix well until combined. Set aside.
- Add all of the dry slice base ingredients into a
bowl and mix together. Add the liquid ingredients and mix well together. Base
should be able to hold its shape, add a tablespoon or two more of coconut flour
if it’s too moist.
- Pat 3/4 of the base mixture into the tin and
leave the remaining aside for now.
Pour strawberry filling over the base and spread
- OPTIONAL: Mix the Strawberry & Pistachio Mix with
the remaining base mixture and crumble over the strawberry filling. OR: Sprinkle remaining base mixture over the strawberry filling.
- Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes. Let it
cool before serving.