Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas! What a delicious way to get into the festive season than with dairy free gingerbread waffles!
The recipe for these is inspired by this recipe by Fit Foodie Finds, but I just added a few extra things.
I love baking waffles and pancakes with oat flour, it is SUPER easy to make yourself. Just put 1 or 2 cups of rolled oats in a blender/food processor and blend until a fine flour appears. Now it is ready to use in your baking.
These were super delicious and honestly you don’t have to make them just for the festive season. I’ll definitely be making them again and am keen to try and turn them into pancakes!
They’re so cosy and warming with all the mixed spices in them, making them a very delicious breakfast or brunch idea. Best thing is that they are dairy free gingerbread waffles, yum!
These taste great topped with maple syrup or even golden syrup if you prefer that. I topped mine with some fresh pears, but even poached/cinnamon pears or grilled banana would taste amazing too.
Dairy free Gingerbread Waffles
- Waffle iron
- 1 ½
cup oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp all spice mix
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat waffle iron according to its instructions.
- In a bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add in all wet ingredients and mix until combined. Let mixture sit for a few minutes to let the oat flour thicken up.
- Once waffle iron has heated, cook waffles according to the machines instructions. I cook mine on a medium heat so that they are still light and fluffy and not crispy.
- Once all waffles are cooked, serve with toppings of choice. These waffles also keep well in a freezer bag/air tight container in the freezer. Simply reheat in the microwave.