Chocolate and raspberries are without a doubt my favourite flavour combination. So that’s why I’ve combined the two to make these delicious chocolate and raspberry cookies.
Look at that glorious stack of cookies, who wants one? These are gluten and dairy free and of course, delicious! They are soft and pillowy which are my kind of cookie. These are almost like a brownie in a cookie, so a brookie?
These chocolate and raspberry cookies are super easy to make and a perfect sweet treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. I love the combination of raspberries and chocolate A LOT, and if you follow me on Instagram here you will definitely notice that! These were actually originally going to be a recipe for chocolate and raspberry brownies. However, I felt that I should try them out as cookies and I’m glad I did.
These did not last long in my household as always, chocolate flavoured things definitely get gobbled up pretty quickly around here. Chocolate cookies are definitely a weakness of mine, and I feel like you can’t go wrong with them ever!
These cookies are bursting with the deliciousness of raspberries. I love pairing chocolate and berries together. Another delicious combination is also chocolate and beetroot or berries and beetroot. Are you gathering a sense of what my kind of favourite flavours are?
As always you can check out my Instagram here to see what I’m making and creating. I tend to post recipes there first before here. As I am writing this, I am currently in a 4 week nationwide lockdown so I’m sure there will be plenty of delicious recipes and photo’s heading your way.
Be sure to check out my other sweet recipes here
What kind of things do you like baking the most?
Chocolate + Raspberry Cookies
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda + a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine all wet ingredients (except for raspberries) Add to dry ingredients and mix well until combined. Gently fold through raspberries.
- Mixture should be reasonably thick enough to hold a cookie shape. Using a tablespoon of mixture, shape into a cookie and flatten with a fork.
- Place the cookies on a tray into the freezer for 10 minutes. Once done, they should be firm enough to hold their shape or shape into a nicer cookie shape if need be.
- Place in oven and cook for 13-15 minutes or until cooked.